The pristine, renowned Northern Italy lake town of Como - also coined the Italian pearl - is known for its picturesque views and tranquil and restorative energy. The dreamy Como is grounded by the weight of history, from the magnificent villas which string out along the lake like a rope of pearls, to the noble families which go back to the Renaissance, the ghosts of European aristocrats and Old Hollywood. It is that combination of glamour and exclusivity that makes this 30-mile long lake the ultimate la dolce vita and a timeless Italian escape for everyone from Bill Gates, to Tom Cruise, world leaders, and other elite...
The natural, romantic and mesmerizing paradise includes everything from:
- Exploring medieval remnants in terracotta-roofed Italian and pastel villages like Bellagio and Varenna.
- Looking at opulent 19th-century villas that are seductively overgrown with old vines on lavish lakeside estates.
- Strolling through rolling vineyards, olive trees and holy-cow landscapes and gardens.
- Indulging in the best Italian cuisine.
- Sailing or swimming in the most idyllic Italian lake, or taking a dip in one of the villa’s floating, front row seat to paradise swimming pools.
- Watching romantic sunsets and enjoying dazzling dinners on the twinkling, night-lit lake.
- Marveling at snow filled Alpine peaks.
You could even check out George Clooney’s famous hideaway -- if you’re into that kind of stuff. But, with all the great things that Lake Como has to offer it's residents and visitors, you’ll find many people tossing their itineraries in the lake to just relax and soak up the indescribable, someone-pinch-me beauty.
Here are a few pictures from my recent travels to this marvelous lake. I can't wait to go back, and get married here!